25 – Learn to Love the Waiting Room!
Waiting is so, so hard! Especially when we’ve worked like crazy to get our part done and now have to wait on a response. From agents. From editors. From publishing committees. But waiting doesn’t have to drive you crazy. In fact, being in a “waiting room” can be an opportunity. So get ready to thrive while you wait!
“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
- We wait in strength—decisively. And we wait with heart—encouraged.
“In the morning, Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait expectantly.” Psalm 5:3
- We wait expectantly. Not anxious or driven, but expectant. God is at work, and His ways and path for us are perfect.
“But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord. I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall, I will rise. Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me.” Micah 7:7-8
- We wait with confidence that God sees us, He hears us, and He is with us. We’re not forgotten, even in the deepest places.
“I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope.” Psalm 130:5
- We wait with hope, and our hope is in Him and in His word. Not in our writing, our agent, or a publisher. This is about God’s glory. Not ours.
“Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for You; Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.” Isaiah 26:8
- We wait in obedience to His command to wait. When we’re doing things in obedience, it helps us cultivate the desire for His glory instead of ours.
“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.” Isaiah 64:4
- We wait with the understanding that He will accomplish His will in us, in His ways, and in His time.
New from Write from the Deep…
Personalized Video Chats!
Does your writers’ or crit group need an extra dose of wisdom or encouragement? Are you looking for affordable speakers to uplift and guide you through the deep places of your writing journey? Host a group Skype call with Karen and Erin! We’d love to put our experience and expertise to work for you in a personalized video chat. Just send your questions beforehand, and we’ll give you practical tips, tools, and answers. And we’ll take real-time questions as well! Set up a Personalized Writers’ Workshop today for our special introductory price. Spaces are limited, so book your chat soon!
Join us at the Oregon Christian Writers Summer Conference on August 15-18, 2016!
We’re teaching a Write from the Deep coaching session this year, and we’d love to have you there! This is a terrific conference with a wonderful selection of writing teachers, editors, and agents. AND it’s hosted in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Learn more here!
Craft Matters Videos!
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers!
These short videos are all about CRAFT, because it MATTERS! We’ll give you tips and tools to help you take your writing to the next level. Plus, we’ll talk frankly about the publishing industry.
How do you find these videos? You have to be a newsletter subscriber to get the links we send out in the newsletter. You can subscribe by clicking here!
We want to hear from you!
Have you experienced the waiting room? What encouraged you through that time?