05 – How to Find Your Catalyst in the Deep, part 1: What is a Catalyst and Why Does it Matter?
Do you know why you’re writing what you’re writing? What the true message is in your books? Or do you just think you do? In this 3-part series we’re going to explore the catalyst deep inside you, the spark that brings your writing to life and infuses it with power. So come join us, and discover your true catalyst as a writer.
To start exploring what your catalyst is, ask yourself:
- What matters most to me?
- Who matters most to me?
- What is my deepest fear?
- What makes me angriest? Why? (And dig to the core of that answer. WHY does it anger you?)
- What brings me the deepest joy? Why?
And then ask yourself:
- What do my answers say about me, my priorities, my faith? If the answers are troublesome, what can I do about that? If the answers are encouraging, what will keep me on track?
- What speaks real, soul-deep peace into my fear?
- What can I do about (1) the cause and (2) the anger?
If you want to read the book that Karen mentioned was a catalyst for her novel, Breaking Point, here’s the link to Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
Talk to us…
Have a question or a comment? How can we pray for you?Please share!